The journey begins here
A Note from the Executive Editor
Thank you for thinking of sending work to Etruscan Press. Since we don’t advertise for manuscript submissions, you probably came here knowing something about us already. Maybe you’ve read some Etruscan books, or seen one of our authors read, or heard about our National Book Award finalists or Poetry Society of America Award. Maybe you heard an Etruscan poem on Garrison Keillor, or saw one in Best American Poetry. However you arrived here, welcome. Quality manuscripts are the lifeblood of a literary press, and we receive more than our share. The manuscripts we receive shape our reading, and give us a window into the world of contemporary literature. It’s a vibrant, varied world. As editors, readers, and stakeholders in the American community of letters, we are amazed, gratified, and humbled by the quality and variety of the manuscripts which come across the transom. We field hundreds of manuscripts a year. And while we can’t offer individual responses or critiques, all our submissions are read with care and respect by a senior editor. To find out more about us, please browse our site and read our books. We welcome your feedback.
What we publish:
- Books of poetry
- Creative non-fiction
- Short story collections
- Literary criticism
We encourage you to become familiar with the type of books Etruscan publishes before submitting your manuscript for consideration.
What we do not publish:
We do not accept individual poems, essays, or short stories. All manuscripts must be book length, a minimum of 50 pages.
- We consider unsolicited manuscripts year round, with a $20 reading fee.
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically as attachments in Microsoft Word to email@example.com.
- Hard copy submissions will not be accepted, unless specifically requested by a member of the Etruscan Press editorial team.
- The $20 reading fee may be paid through PayPal or by sending a check or money order. If you’re sending a check, please write “attn S. Troup” on the envelope. Click “Buy Now” to pay through Paypal.
- If you are paying your reading fee by check or money order, please make it payable to “Etruscan Press” and mail to: Etruscan Press, Attn: Submissions, Wilkes University, 84 West South Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766
- Response time: three months.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted.
- Please submit only one manuscript at a time.
- While we occasionally comment on especially noteworthy manuscripts, the volume of submissions makes it impossible to comment on every submission. All submissions are reviewed by a senior editor.
Thank you once again for considering Etruscan Press as your literary home. Whether or not we accept your manuscript for publication, we are cognizant of and grateful for the work and talent you offer us.